The History Department of D.R. College as a separate discipline is as old as the college itself. The Department started its functioning along with the college from 01 - 09 - 1949. Distinguished teachers adorned the faculty of History from time to time. In 1961, Honours (Presently Major) in History was introduced. Presently the department has 4 (four) permanent lecturers - One selection grade Lecturer, two Senior grade Lecturers and One Lecturer. All the teachers of the department are sincerely engaged in scholarly persuits. Besides Academic Pursuits they have shown equal commitment towards the society.