Welcome to the Department of Physics !
Our institution has a rich history, having been established in 1949. The Department of Physics, an integral part of our college, was founded in 1960. Over the years, it has grown into a full-fledged department with a dedicated team of 6 regular faculty members.
We are proud to offer a comprehensive range of courses to our students. This includes both Physics Core and Generic courses as part of the Bachelor of Science program under the umbrella of Dibrugarh University. Additionally, we are excited to announce that we have introduced a FOUR YEAR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMME (FYUGP) in PHYSICS as per NEP-2020 Guidelines, starting from August 2023. This program aligns with the latest educational standards and is designed to provide students with a holistic and in-depth understanding of physics. We believe that this program will empower our students with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in the ever-evolving field of physics. We invite you to explore this new opportunity and consider joining us in this exciting journey towards academic excellence.
We encourage you to explore the world of physics with us, whether you are a student aspiring to delve into the intricacies of the subject or someone simply interested in gaining a deeper understanding of the physical world. Our department is here to support your educational journey and to foster a vibrant academic community. Feel free to reach out to our faculty members if you have any questions or if you'd like to learn more about our programs and research opportunities. We look forward to embarking on this intellectual journey with you. You can reach out to us for more information on the FYUGP and how you can be a part of it. Together, we can continue to push the boundaries of knowledge in the fascinating realm of physics.
List of Present Faculties:
List of Present Office Staff :
List of Former Faculties and Office Staff :
List of Distinguished Alumni :
List of Eminent academicians /Scientists/ Visitors to the Department:
Future Plan of the department:
1. Post Graduate Course in Physics: Offer a postgraduate course in physics to attract students seeking in-depth studies in the field.
2. Development of the Thin-film Lab: Enhance the existing miniature Thin-film Lab to its fullest potential. Invest in advanced equipment, hire skilled technicians or researchers, and consider collaborations with industry partners for research opportunities.
3. Extra Classes for Competitive Examinations: Provide extra classes for competitive examinations like JAM, NET, SLET, TET, etc., to help students prepare effectively. Establish a structured coaching program, hire experienced faculty, and create study materials and resources.
4. Research Centers and Projects: Establish specialized research centers within the department focused on emerging areas of physics, such as quantum physics, nanotechnology, or renewable energy. Seek funding and partnerships for collaborative research projects with industry and other academic institutions.
5. National and International Collaboration: Foster national and international collaborations with universities and research institutions, including student and faculty exchange programs, joint research projects, and participation in national and international conferences.
6. Online Learning and Courses: Develop online courses and learning resources to reach a wider audience and provide flexible learning options, potentially including MOOCs in physics-related subjects.