The college has a central library where all the records are computerised. The college library is well-equipped with different types of Reference Books,Text Books, Journals, Periodicals,Magazines,E-books,Old Question Papers,Internet facility and Regional and National Newspapers.The Library has a collection of 38005 nos. of books,56 nos. of Journal & Magazines,11 nos. of newspapers,.Beside that the library subscribed to NList which is provided by Inflibnet Centre,Ahmedabad from where thousands of online books and journals can be accessed.The Library uses SOUL 2.0(LE) edition of Library Software provided by Inflibnet to automate the library.
Each student is given one non transferable library card and is allowed to borrow two books at a time. The two additional cards are issued to the students having major subjects. A student will have to fill up separate forms supplied by the library on demand to get hiseter library card issued. In addition, BOOK BANK FACILITY is available to poor and needy students. Further each department has departmental library.
Photos of Library : Click Here
Message from the Librarian:
Its gives me a great pleasure to welcome you to the Central Library of Debraj Roy College,Golaghat. A library is a very critical and important part of any higher education institution. It plays an ever increasing role in providing vital information resources to their clients amidst facing mounting challenges brought about by changes happening in the higher education sector worldwide.
The Debraj Roy College is the oldest college of Golaghat District of Assam which is a renowned centre of teaching and learning of the region. The Central Library of the College would like to support the community of the college in the teaching and learning process and in making good use of the knowledge as well as helping to locate, select and acquire the required information.
Due to the large amount of published documents worldwide every year, it’s a tough ask for a college library to acquire most of the publications. Even a large College Library can only offer a fraction of the publications relevant to the users immediately on site, but we are still laying our hands on the information that clients require. We can tender the users much more than their expectations as users of library. I hope users will find the library as a place of learning, information and recreation and will make use of various facilities and collections, which comprises more than 36000 holdings and more than 20 printed journals and thousands of e-journals covering different subjects of Arts, Sciences and Humanities.
I believe that the Central Library of the College is continuously working to further the development of its services and aiming to provide the users with the best possible services. I hope that this new website will be very useful to our clients for the fulfillment of their information needs.
Looking forward to your visit at the Central Library
Mr. Nitumoni Phukan
9.30 am to 5.30 pm on all working days.Sunday and Holidays (Closed)
1. Students shall not make any noise or talk to each other while in the reading room.
2. Students should carefully examine the book issued to them before leaving the library counter, if any damage or mutilation in the book issued to him / her is noticed, it should be reported to the Librarian before taking delivery of the same. The borrower will be responsible For loss or damage of any book borrowed from the college library.
3. Books must be returned within 15 days of the date of issue. A fine of Rs. 1.00 per book per day will be levied if a borrowed book is kept beyond the due date, of return.
4. All books etc. borrowed from the library shall have to be returned to the library 7 days before the commencement of the summer vacation.
5. If the library card is lost by any student, it should be reported to the librarian immediately. 6. The authority reserves the right of framieg any additional rule as may be necessary from time to time.
Librarian : Mr. Nitumoni Phukan,MLISc.
Library Assistant : Mr. Ghana Kanta Saikia
Bearer : Mr. Gopal Bahadur Pradhan
CLICK TO ACCESS DIGITAL LIBRARY
LIST OF AVAILABLE JOURNALS/PERIODICALS/MAGAZINES
Access to E-Resources:
2. NDLI (National Digital Library of India)
4. DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journal)
National Workshop on Preservation of Library Materials (Proceeding)